Dr. Daniel Asare is a medical doctor, an Ear, Nose and Throat Specialist and trained professional hospital manager with long standing experience in managing varied hospital establishments, from completion of ultra-modern infrastructure to over aged deteriorating infrastructure and small facilities from 300 bed to 2,500 bed capacities. Having received his Doctor of Medicine degree from Kalinin Medical Institute. He proceeded to under the maiden edition of Otorhinolaryngology course introduced by the West Africa College of Surgeons. He passed out from Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital Residency with a diploma in Otolaryngology (DLO) under the West Africa College of Surgeons.
He trained in the Nuffield Institution for Health, University of Leeds for his masters in Hospital Management, he also did a second post graduate diploma in Hospital financing and funding.
Dr. Daniel Asare has been working in Ghana’s health sector under the Ministry of Health and Ghana Health Service for 30 years now, out of which 20 years has been as a hospital manager of three regional hospitals and Chief Executive Officer of two teaching hospitals. He ably combines clinical services with hospital administration with great delight and has been at the forefront of innovative management practices in Ghana’s Public Hospitals.
He is credited with the following underlined achievements in hospitals;
- His infrastructure development initiatives
- His digitization drive to get all hospitals unto the paperless electronic health records
- His concept of private partnership with public supervision (PPP Concept) for enhanced efficiency and injection of needed capital for capital expenditures in public government hospitals
- His principles, self-discipline, punctuality and hard work
- His openness and interpersonal relationship.
He retired from public service in the year 2020 and in May, 2022 he was appointed by His Excellency, the President of Ghana as the Board Chair of the Health Facilities Regulatory Agency-HeFRA.