The Management and the Board of the Health Facilities Regulatory Agency, HeFRA (established under ACT 829, 2011), have received a report on alleged medical malpractices and equipment failures at the 37 Military Hospital and has constituted a fact-finding team to ascertain the authenticity of the report.
The report indicated the following:
- Alleged delays in carrying out emergency brain surgery/procedure leading to the death of the victim.
- Alleged breakdown of equipment leading to the inability to carry out brain surgery.
- Alleged breakdown of diagnostic equipment needed for follow-up studies to guide on-going care.
- Alleged professional misconduct and negligence of care.
- Alleged medical professional malpractices with regard to unauthorized charges and collection of fees for emergency brain surgery.